[lbo-talk] Gallup: Dem race now tied

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sun Apr 27 16:03:38 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood

Charles Brown wrote:

> A lead less than the margin of error is a tie. And the larger point
> is that BHO's 10-point lead before Pennsylvania has collapsed.
>
> Doug
>
> CB: How did I know you were going to say that ?

Because it's right, and you knew that, but you wanted to make a wisecrack anyway?

^^^^

CB: How come you weren't sending reports to the list when the Gallop poll had O ahead by ten ?

How come you didn't point out that the polls in Pennsylvania had Clinton ahead by 20% at one point and she only won by 9.3% ?

Oh and something else has been " right" since O won about 11 or 13 in a row a month ago or so. The mathematicians on television pointed out at least that long ago , and it was argued here (but you failed to admit it at the time or since) that it was very probable ( as in probability) that Clinton couldn't catch up in elected delegates, because delegates are distributed proportionally ( net gains are too small; how many net did she win in Pennsylvania ? she actually lost Texas in net delegates).

But of course you were silent in that calculation argument, because you didn't like where the numbers pointed.

Because she was suddenly and desperately behind, Clinton launched a real filthy campaign, a fact that the media has been misreporting as if both sides were negative campaigning. Unuh. One side has been "negative" campaigning to beat the band. Not only that, Clinton basically has been double teaming O with the rightwinger McCain ! It's disgusting. Her tactic has been to try to make O unelectable , with a special emphasis of trying to bring out racism in white voters, so that the super-delegates would overturn O's lead in elected delegates. You so-called lefties are silent about all that.

You and Clinton are full of it.

Why haven't all you "lefties" been defending O's left analysis of working class bitterness due to economic hardship ? Why haven't all you "lefties" defended O from C's playing the race card about five hands in a row ? (See Michael Moore's endorsement of O). What about C busting out with she'll bomb Iran ? You are silent about Rush Limbaugh openly trying to get rightwingers to vote for C. Why aren't you defending O from rightwing American flag wearers ?

And somebody has the nerve to assess C a smidge to the left of O ? You aren't competent to assess whose to the left and whose to the right.