[lbo-talk] Posting to closed thread

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 28 15:14:38 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2008, at 4:06 PM, John Thornton wrote:
>
>> Since the thread is closed I'll make one last off-list post
>>

> Oops.

My apologies. I use Thunderbird and even though I never use the Reply All button (the need never seems to arise) on more than one occasion Thunderbird does exactly that. Not being terribly software savvy I assume it has to do with the way the message I'm replying to is addressed rather than a glitch in Thunderbird since it seems such a glitch would manifest itself all the time rather than occasionally. Maybe not. Occasionally I receive posts from list members telling me I do not need to reply to them directly when I reply to their posts on list in order to insure they read my reply. I tell them the same thing. Thunderbird did it for reasons I don't understand. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can explain why it does this on occasion.

If I wish to ignore a ban because I feel I have something incredibly important to add I'll simply ignore it, risk moderation, and throw myself upon Doug's mercy. Admittedly the chances of that happening are extremely slim. I don't imagine myself that important. I've not known Doug to be arbitrary or capricious in his requests to end threads either.

John Thornton