[lbo-talk] Doug's case against Naomi Kleino-talk Digest, Vol 486, Issue 3

Alex Hogan alexmhogan at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 05:16:32 PDT 2008

The other thing to note is that Klein isn't an economist; she's a journalist. I don't think that if you don't have a PHD in economics, you can't talk about the economy but it can be problem when she thrown up as a left-wing expert.

I remember when she was on Democracy Now debating Greenspan is she got creamed as she tossed some blood curdling rhetoric at the man (this was Democracy Now after all, you need to mention torutre or death squads at least once in a segment),blaming him personally for Pinochet and shock theapy in Eastern Europe -- neither in which he was involved.

She could have nailed him over a million more mundane issues like subprime mortages or hedge funds, but that dosen't quite have the same reverberations with Amy's audience like military dictators or the Iraq war. _________________________________________________________________ Back to work after baby–how do you know when you’re ready? http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/articleNW.aspx?cp-documentid=5797498&ocid=T067MSN40A0701A