[lbo-talk] dead anthrax suspect's brother: "he can go to hell"

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:25:36 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood (quoting Gawker):

It's a late-breaking story, and CNN's American Morning clearly thought it had a big "get" — a live interview with the brother of Bruce Ivins, a federal biodefense researcher who killed himself as the government prepared to charge him in the anthrax mailings of late 2001.

[...]

<http://gawker.com/5031899/brother-of-dead-anthrax-scientist-he-can-go-to-hell>

When Thomas -- whoops, I mean, Tom -- Ivins coughed or sneezed or spit up a lung (or maybe all three) into his phone's mike, beautifully amplified by CNN's sound pickup, I thought I was going to fall out of my chair.

In a more perfect world, nearly all interviews would be like this.

.d.

-- "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare for waking up tomorrow with Pareene's social security number and one of my kidneys missing."

Michael Weiss

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/