[lbo-talk] Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn Dies at 89 (NY Times)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 03:25:01 PDT 2008

Solzhenitsyn never wrote a book called History of the Jews in Russia. I assume you mean 200 Years Together, which has never been translated, and thus you have never read it. Do you often comment on books you haven't read? PS. Slavophilia is not a living movement. Solzhenitsyn can no more be a Slavophile than he can be a Whig.

You know, like the descendents of many diasporas, your view of Eastern Europe is fixated on the time period in which your ancestors left. You have Diaspora Disease.