[lbo-talk] Mother of Paris comments...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Aug 4 10:52:44 PDT 2008

<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/03/kathy-hilton-calls-mccain_n_116625.html

Today Kathy Hilton weighed in on thecontroversial John McCain ad featuring her daughter Paris, as well as the singer Britney Spears, in a blog on the Huffington Post. Mrs. Hilton called the ad "frivolous" and a waste of "money" and the "country's time":

I've been asked again and again for my response to the now infamous McCain celebrity ad. I actually have three responses. It is a complete waste of the money John McCain's contributors have donated to his campaign. It is a complete waste of the country's time and attention at the very moment when millions of people are losing their homes and their jobs. And it is a completely frivolous way to choose the next President of the United States.