[lbo-talk] Obama: I'd guarantee $4 billion to retool auto industry

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:36:02 PDT 2008

DH wrote:

>While we're at it, I think we need to get over our dependence on foreign coffee and allspice.

JG writes:

Turn the clock back about six years, HG Wells-in-reverse-style. Rogue neo-cons stationed in DC and its think tank satellites of suburban Virginia concoct an invasion and occupation of Jamaica, in the name of freeing its populace from Manleyite remnants who oppose "freedom and democracy." Liberal populists agitate against the intervention, accusing the rogue elements of attempting to hoard the global supply of scarce allspice for their personal enrichment. From this discourse emerges the meme of "allspice independence for the US so that our glorious constitutional order is restored." A million points of blog comment light are mobilized, enabling the presidential election of a sheepdog (not a wolf) in sheep's clothing, who promises to secure the "allspice independence of the US." _________________________________________________________________ Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on Windows Live. http://revealyourinnerathlete.windowslive.com?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WLYIA_whichathlete_us