[lbo-talk] Good news from the ranting hate-filled village fascist

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 6 10:49:40 PDT 2008

At 10:24 PM 8/5/2008, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>Steve Earle, country music's only certified self-described Marxist
>revolutionary (and a big star for all that) has a disc called The
>Revolution Starts Now.

He's also a southerner, and a Texan to boot:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2002/sep/23/artsfeatures.iraqandthearts

Steve Earle begins his morning at London's Grosvenor House hotel by enthusing about the writings of Karl Marx. He had his first crack at reading Capital - "those three big fuckin' books" - when he was growing up in Schertz, near San Antonio, Texas. "Marx talked in analogies, the way Texans do," he says, with the merest hint of a smirk. "I'm sort of comfortable with that."