[lbo-talk] Zsa Zsa and Paris

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 6 14:27:59 PDT 2008

From an email invite to the Summer Camp film series curated by George Kuchar:

http://www.silentmovietheatre.com/calendar/friday_late.html#july

In our research for Queen Of Outer Space, one of the films in our Summer "Camp" series, we discovered the familial connection between Paris Hilton and Zsa Zsa Gabor. Zsa Zsa's first of eight husbands was Conrad Hilton, great-grandfather to Paris. It was oddly calming-suddenly, the universe made sense. Every generation has its blonde socialite who epitomized the "famous for being famous", Hollywood Squares phenomena. But there was only one Zsa Zsa.

Well, you wouldn't believe who called the other day-Francesca Hilton! That's Zsa Zsa's daughter. She wanted to bring out Zsa Zsa, still fabulous at 91, out to Queen of Outer Space. One problem: We'd already shown it.

But it's ZSA ZSA, DAHLNK! How could we miss this opportunity to be fabulous! So, we're bringing Queen of Outer Space back this Sunday for an encore show at 8pm. It was a great movie, lots of fun, so we hope some of you can make it. -------------------------------------------------------- Queen of Outer Space, based on a threadbare outline by famed screenwriter Ben Hecht, is an unapologetic paean to every comic book reader's fantasy -- the planet Venus is populated by hot love-starved chicks! -- and every single man's nightmare, a woman who, when literally burned by her last boyfriend, won't be satisfied until every man in the world, no, the universe, is made to suffer. Loaded with buxom Star Trek-esque space babes, laughably archaic 50s sexism, and the loosest relationship to "science" you'll ever seen in a sci-fi flick. And while Laurie Mitchell may play the Queen of Outer Space, we all know who the real Queen of this movie is...why it's Zsa Zsa, dah-link! Our Summer "Camp" festival programmer George Kuchar says: "Widescreen color serves this tapestry of draped cheesecake to great advantage, and so do the straight performances of all involved in this excellent display of space-age nonsense."