[lbo-talk] No borders!!!! (was some other nationalist crap)

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 06:40:19 PDT 2008

Tahir:

Anyone here or anywhere else who wants to find a way of genuinely returning to the topic of communism, rather than substituting for it with other matters, like whether Iran has a better government than the US, or whether Jews are more bigoted than Slavs or whatever.

[...]

I'm as disappointed in the Great Slav Debate of '08 as the next girl but who told you this was a discussion list dedicated only to Communism: Theory and Practice?

In the beginning, Doug said:

I hope this list will be a forum for speaking across intellectual and social boundaries that have divided the left, such as it is, for too long. Among these oppositions I'd like to see worked through are ones like class/identity, cultural politics/"real" politics, Marxism/postmodernism, universal/particularist, activism/theory, economics/culture, nature/labor; nature/culture, and labor/culture.

[...]

<http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/lbo-talk.htm>

So sure, communism, let's talk about it...but other things too.

.d.