[lbo-talk] South Ossetia

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Sat Aug 9 10:18:04 PDT 2008

>While I do not think that Saak is a puppet of US imperialism, he is
>himself an imperialist. Georgia is not liked in that part of the
>world, and there is a reason for that.

Yes, it seems that way from what I know as well, which is obviously much less than you.

So it's essentially a battle between Russian imperialism and Georgian imperialism. And from what I can tell, the Ossetians' and Abkhazians' alliance with Russia is (a) purely strategic, i.e., to act as a counterweight against Georgia's thuggery, and (b) the decision of the Ossetians' and Abkhazians' self-chosen representatives and not the aspirations of the provinces' "people." Which is where my question comes in: How long before the members of Anglo-American Trot organizations tell us that we must chose Russian imperialism over Georgian imperialism because that is the will of the Ossetian and Abkhazian people?