[lbo-talk] U.S. official: 'maybe we’re learning to shut up now'

Ira Glazer ira.glazer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 13:07:45 PDT 2008

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/world/europe/10diplo.html?ref=world

“We’ve placed ourselves in a position that globally we don’t have the wherewithal to do anything,” Mr. Friedman of Stratfor said. “One would think under those circumstances, we’d shut up.”

One senior administration official, when told of that quote, laughed. “Well, maybe we’re learning to shut up now,” he said. He asked that his name not be used because he was not authorized to speak publicly on the issue.