[lbo-talk] Olympics

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 9 17:26:19 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2008, at 1:58 PM, John Thornton wrote:
>
>> I don't watch the Olympics but I've never found the Chinese streak of
>> superiority any stronger than that of Germans, Americans, or Japanese.
>
> Their sense of superiority is frightening. Ours is just one of those
> funny quirks you just shrug off.
>
> Doug

I don't know. I suspect more of the world is "frightened" by America's sense of superiority than China's but maybe I'm wrong about that. White people's sense of superiority has always frightened me more than that of the Chinese. Maybe Chinese superiority is more frightening to white people than white people's sense of superiority? A sense of superiority that allows the near complete genocide of the North American continent's peoples is pretty frightening. Most American's are quite comfortable with using 25% of the worlds resources for 5% of the population. That's one hell of a sense of superiority!

John Thornton