[lbo-talk] Olympics

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Sat Aug 9 18:22:38 PDT 2008

I venture to say fear of the Chinese is deep in Anglo culture. The stereotype is of a frightfully numerous, intelligent, and merciless people who, if they ever got their act together, would overwhelm any adversary.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 8:39 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Olympics

On Aug 9, 2008, at 8:26 PM, John Thornton wrote:

>> Their sense of superiority is frightening. Ours is just one of
>> those funny quirks you just shrug off.
>>
>> Doug
>

> I don't know.
> I suspect more of the world is "frightened" by America's sense of
> superiority than China's but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I was joking. Americans' sense of superiority has done much more damage to the world than China's. Maybe China will have its turn, though.