[lbo-talk] Marxology question

negative potential fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 10:09:34 PDT 2008

andie nachgeborenen:

> Personally I think value theory is hooey, but the
> problem you raise is not an real issue for the
theory.

I don't recall raising any "problem". Quite the opposite, once one understands that Marx is not Ricardo, there *is no problem*.

> What I am a skeptic about is the utility of value
> theory, I can talk it from the inside; I think it
has
> historical and exegetical interest, but very limited
if > any utility as a tool of economic analysis

There is no "Marxist economics" or "Marxist economic analysis".

There *is* a Marxian *critique* of political economy, a critique of the social form of labor in capitalist society.