[lbo-talk] Image Restoration via Truthiness: American Media and Russia

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 12:47:04 PDT 2008

Rayrena, you have to understand. It's sad but this happens among these otherwise smart people every time somebody sticks a finger in America's eye. I often find myself cheering for my countries tormentors, but then I grow up.

The worst example, of course, was Comrade Yoshie and her love affair with Iran and Hizbullah, but it happens every time. I remember being barbecued by people on this list for questioning whether the victory of Laurent Kabila in Zaire was, in fact, quite the victory for the working class folks were cracking it up to be.

I was called faithless and capitalist for suggesting the election of Jospin in France was probably NOT a harbinger of the Revolution.

These are good people, badly frustrated, maintaining hope in a world that seems hopeless.