[lbo-talk] Chiang Ching, Call Your Office

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 00:16:12 PDT 2008

> On Aug 14, 2008, boddi satva wrote:
>
> 13 posts in two hours, it was pointed out to me offlist. Enough!

I kind of drift in and out of the lbo orbit too, but I gotta say... all of a sudden boddi appears and starts making dozens of references to "Toonces the cat who could drive a car", perhaps the most obscure late 80s Saturday Night Live reference imaginable. I mean I think in four hours he wrote more about toonces than anyone else in history, including the SNL writers who originally wrote the bit.

Wacky!

How on earth does a person even -make- 13 posts in two hours?

Chris Doss' elegant summary of the current faux-WW3, Marvin and Doug's posts about economics, Carrol still arguing about whether or not there is a thing called the 'left' that exists, and this dude reappears to rave about Toonces and Bush. I love it.

LBO is fun and weird. Always adds a little color to my interweb day.