[lbo-talk] Russia's Blessedly Brief, Defensive War Of Occupation - Toonces Darn Mad

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 12:22:11 PDT 2008

If people weren't getting killed, put out of their homes and having their stuff destroyed, stolen, vandalized, whatever, this would almost be a funny situation.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jv4WGlYqH00ITvwZjRHPOPMtskhQ

Russia, in their effort to keep the forces of NATO darkness from "settling" their troops in the Caucuses to secure access to Caspian petro, is clearly settling her troops into the Caucuses to prevent secure access to Caspian petro. Setting up a base for your armor outside Gori is not a sign that you are withdrawing.

Putin, through his avatar Medvedev, has even given a name to his new, Imperial title: "Guarantor Of Security".

I have to admit, it has a ring to it.

Dmitry Vladimirovich has also been given the green light to quite unambiguously declare that South Ossetia and Abkhazia are no longer breakaway republics but are, in fact, Russia.

Apparently, Bush missed a step. In the New Global Order, you hand out passports, THEN invade. I wonder how big American could get using that system. I'm thinking we could extend the tax base to about a billion people by year end.

Saakashvili - yet another lying would-be strongman taken in by the neo-cons and paying the price for it - says: ""Never, ever will Georgia reconcile itself with the occupation of even one square kilometre of its territory," while signing the cease-fire insuring that Russian troops will be occupying Georgian territory for the foreseeable future.

President George "Toonces" Bush continues to steer the American automobile of state - and thus the world - straight into the guardrail. You have to admit that the following was classic, classic Toonces:

"Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century..."

I mean...the words actually passed his lips - and apparently he didn't even start laughing. I don't think any of the staff present even laughed. That's tragic. I hope to goodness some of the reporters laughed but I'll bet not. It's more than a little worrying to have somebody this incompetent as "leader of the free world". George Bush is the stuff coups d'etat are made of.

Although he could barely bring himself to stop goofing off at the Olympics, mugging with people who are actually popular, Bush has found time to take the twin steps of sending the comically overmatched "Russia expert" and "Secretary of State" Condoleeza Rice to Tbilisi - apparently in order to make her appear small and inconsequential - and sending the U.S. Navy into the Black Sea to do a new rendition of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Maybe he will send her to Moscow next. Why do I keep getting that image in my head of the one girl from the "Little Rock Nine" who did not get the call the other 8 children got not to try and desegregate the high school that day?

Things are getting absolutely Oedipal with Toonces. He seems to be determined to re-win, then lose, everything his father won. First Iraq, now the Soviet Union. Panama should expect some trouble.

Among world leaders, pity poor Sarkozy - what do you do? A Frenchman and you're made EU President just in time to surrender territory to the Russians. My French is rusty. Someone tell me the proper idiom for "This fucking blows!!!"