[lbo-talk] Thoughts on dumbass opinion roundup

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Aug 15 15:09:09 PDT 2008

``TOP STORY - The (London)Times banners, `Bush squares up to Putin' and runs a commentary inside, `Echo of Cold War as US flexes its muscles.' ''

-----

All week I've reading and listening to the US outrage at Russian troops in Georgia.

I am trying to remember when I stopped being outraged at Bush and when it was that I finally saw him as something of a clown, a meaningless farce.

What seems to be going on is that the Russians have finally come to the same conclusion. The Russians simply don't care what the US says or does, because in concrete terms all that smoke and noise coming from Washington doesn't mean anything.

I suspect it has finally dawned on a lot other countries that it doesn't matter what Bush and company say, since most of it has no connection with realities in either perspective, ours or theirs.

Because Bush has no crediability, well because he has lied too much, he has no power outside the US to effect change or to provide support.

A very large part of crediability is accurately stating the case and accurately assessing our strengths and weakness and those of the opponent. Bush and the neocons do none of this and therefore have no weight behind their rhetoric. All they can do is rush the US military in and see if the military can handle the situation. Since the US military is just as buried behind their own bullshit view of the world, they have no crediability either.

They have a trigger so they can shoot things. Is that power? Not really.

Am afraid the grown ups have all died or retired.

CG