[lbo-talk] Our Friend, the Mainstream Media

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 06:27:26 PDT 2008

I add that the idea of an international (European) peacekeeping force was fielded several times, but no European country wanted to send troops.

--- On Mon, 8/18/08, dredmond at efn.org <dredmond at efn.org> wrote: That's exactly what the Russians did. They called an emergency Sec Counc meeting, but the US and UK refused to sign off on a ceasefire and non-use of force. So Medvedev said, fine, we'll do the peacekeeping ourselves.