[lbo-talk] SEIU

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 22 16:08:13 PDT 2008

Mark Rickling wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 4:21 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> I would never join any organization that considered it important to bar me
>> from even knowing what they were doing on "my" behalf.
>>

> That's because you're a confused anti-union "4," in the parlance of
> the organizer. Thank God for agency fees. :)

No, it's because I disagree with the SEIU's growth at the expense of even marginal power strategy. You're the one who is confused here. People who oppose the SEIU's "dues farming" practices are not confused at all. People who support it because "it's better than nothing" are fooling themselves.

John Thornton