[lbo-talk] It's Biden - officially

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 23:51:12 PDT 2008

Feeling all changy for sure.

Biggest changy thing I see: Obama campaign is the only side making serious effort to get new voters involved. That seems pretty notable even if it's also possibly a little unpredictable.

As far as the empire's current wars, I am not totally charmed by Obama's "concentrate on Afghanistan" line. As for Iraq, I suppose one would be considered a foaming at the mouth radical to suggest that getting out of Iraq would be exactly what the nascent iraqi democracy says it WANTS. Interesting to watch this week's tango about this topic.

Could be entertaining to counter the Obama Nation flap with some kind of left-wing screed abot all the stuff that won't change. Either that or a McCain = More of same screed.

Interesting I suppose in light of Hillary's campaign that there was not a single woman among the Dem veep possibilities mentioned by the chattering classes as serious contender. Wonder if McCain has the guts to go after some women's votes by naming a woman as running mate. If I were he, I would give it some serious thought.

DC