[lbo-talk] Russian forces withdraw from Georgia proper, pipeline mysteriously untouched and out of Russian control

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 13:04:24 PDT 2008

Russian forces "pulled out" of Georgia? In what universe, other than the bizzaro-world of the Kremlin?

I never said Russia would destroy the pipeline, I said they would see it closed and then use their control over it as leverage - which is inarguablly the case.

It's one thing not to be able to admit that you were wrong - about casualties, obviously, about what Russian troops would do and about the ultimate intent of the Russians (to occupy Georgian territory).

It's quite another thing to keep trying to pass the same nonsense off as truth time and time again and being rude about it to boot.

I said the Russians were engaged in a war of occupation for oil and power. You said the Russians were saving the Ossetians after thousands were killed.

I was right.

You were wrong.

It's just that simple.

If you now want to make some *new* argument about how Russia is justified in its war of occupation for oil because America is unjustified in its war of occupation for oil, fine. It's a silly morality play, but have at it.