[lbo-talk] MBNA paid retainer to Biden's son

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 25 20:59:00 PDT 2008

Joseph Catron wrote:
> I have often infuriated liberals by pointing out that Bush, unlike
> many of his political antagonists, has a wife who once worked for a
> living in the public service and children who still do. (Not that any
> of them really need to at this point, but that hardly diminishes their
> choices.)

Why should this be infuriating? Many Bush critics do work in the public sector and Bush is doing what he can to undermine the public sector. The fact that his wife was once a school teacher is totally irrelevant to his asshole choices and appointments made while in office. Is one somehow a less effective critic of Bush and his policies if you don't work in the public sector? I don't get what is infuriating about his wifes past career choices or why anyone should even care about his wifes past career.

John Thornton