[lbo-talk] SEIU

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 22:18:21 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:08 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> No, it's because I disagree with the SEIU's growth at the expense of even
> marginal power strategy.
> You're the one who is confused here.
> People who oppose the SEIU's "dues farming" practices are not confused at
> all.
> People who support it because "it's better than nothing" are fooling
> themselves.

As I wrote elsewhere in a different thread, organizing agreements need to be evaluated by what changes workers have been able to make in their working conditions as a result of such agreements. Just like your comments months ago about organizing agreements, it's painfully clear you know exactly fuck all concerning what SEIU members organized under these agreements have or have not achieved. You assume the worst because you're an anti-union. In the future, such sheer ignorance should prevent you from applying fingers to keyboard on this issue, but I'm not hopeful.