[lbo-talk] MBNA paid retainer to Biden's son

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 26 13:16:24 PDT 2008

Joseph Catron wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:59 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> Why should this be infuriating?
>>

> For Democrats, it's particularly annoying when you juxtapose the Bush
> family service record with those of Theresa Heinz Kerry or Chelsea
> Clinton.

I still don't get why this should be infuriating. Unless you could demonstrate that Republicans have a far better record in public service than Democrats why should one get excited by the choices of a few individuals? Even if you could demonstrate the above I'm still uncertain why it would be significant. It isn't that I doubt you've annoyed some Dems with this but rather why they should be annoyed by it.

John Thornton