[lbo-talk] tragedy of the commons

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:44:39 PDT 2008

On 27 août 08, at 19:43, shag wrote:

>> No, it is because "homo commonus" is the only way to raise children
>> until they can be relatively independant (speak, and open the fridge
>> themselves, about 2-3 years or age). All the rest is about fighting
>> the contradiction between "commons" life in the family and what the
>> rest of society tells us the "best way" is.
>>
>> Jean-Christophe Helary
>
> no, we currently raise our children homo oeconimus. teaching people
> to become homo oeconomus starts from the beginning.

We raise them to face the contradictions outside the family circle. If adults in the family itself were not sharing resources and considering the very long term, they could/would not have children in the first place. Because that is not at all an economically rational choice.

I think you are confusing communities and families. I am not addressing communities here at all.

Jean-Christophe Helary