[lbo-talk] Congestion pricing may not hurt the poor, study finds

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 06:06:21 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To add to Dennis' comment on increased ethnic diversity of suburbia - it is quite visible here in the DC/Baltimore area. That makes me think that the main instrument of apartheid in the US is not housing anymore, but transportation.

Or a combination of the two -- older, more expensive suburbs served by commuter trains that are usually better kept and more reliable than El/subway systems and especially busses. This is very visible in Chicago and Boston.

Plus, as a friend in Chicago observed, you can drink booze on the Metra.

-- Andy