[lbo-talk] Congestion pricing may not hurt the poor, study finds

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 08:34:39 PDT 2008

Showers. Showers at workplaces. That is how Seattle deals w bicycle commuters. Course, temps almost never nudge past 90 summers, and probably majority of homes here don't even have air conditioning so possibly climate is just more evolutionarily favorable to reduced carbon footprint lifestyle.

But what I really want to know: place like DFW heavily dependent on cars. Anything detectible happening or not happening in economic stats that would reflect changed behaviors since the prince of gasoline has tripled over the span of the Bush admin?

Seattle area has a decent transit system. Ridership is up dramatically and is holding up despite fare increases due to fuel surcharge. Interesting to think about what happens in a place like DFW where there is no capacity to absorb shift in demand.

DoreneC Seattle WA