[lbo-talk] War Nerd's very contrarian position on Laurent Nkunda in Congo

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 06:39:34 PST 2008

Won't you bankrupt yourself if you send me any more stuff? ;)

I was talking to a guy who spends a lot of time working in the area in disease control (malaria and HIV, mainly) and according to him there is a lot of exaggeration and outright lies when it comes to Central African horror stories (making parents eat their children and so forth), but that for some reason the region is just beyond the pale when it comes to ultraviolence, an order of magnitude beyond your typical war-torn impoverished region.