[lbo-talk] Goolsbee: subprime was pretty groovy (in 2007)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 2 12:28:43 PST 2008

Michael Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 09:35:31 +0200
> Patrick Bond <pbond at mail.ngo.za> wrote:
> liable in their commitment to repayment...
> >
> > No clue about how uneven/combined development (especially in the real
> > estate market) is periodically amplified by the financial system
>
> This is a subject that interests me greatly, but I'm woefully
> ill-informed about it. Any pointers to places where the topic
> is enlighteningly dicussed, by Marx or others, would be most welcome.

It interests me also. I've often seen uneven/combined development invoked, but I have never come across any introductory explanation of just what it means (though in some inmstances guesses can be made from context). But given the state of my eyes, 'original sources' would be of doubtful utility -- I would like to see at least a few paragraphs (however dumbed down and over-simplified) from Pat himself.

Carrol