[lbo-talk] the Bush style of clemency: love your gun

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 08:25:12 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Peter Ward wrote:

> As a Nevada libertarian/redneck, I'm in favor of the Second Amendment in principle--the government manifestly should not be trusted. But the reality is using shotguns to fend off Apache helicopters is hopeless in practice.

As a former Nevadan and provincial northwest coaster, I'm not sure what you are saying. Is it that the Second Amendment is good on paper but don't bother trying to exercise the right? Because I'm not aware of any Second Amendment distinctions between bricks and broken bottles, and stinger missiles and fully-provisioned tanks or anti-aircraft batteries. I hear that .50 BMG does well against armor that flies.

Percy