[lbo-talk] New fault line forms in health care fight

Jenny Brown jbrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Dec 3 11:13:39 PST 2008

Steven L. Robinson quoted Chris Frates on Politico December 2, 2008:

>A new fault line is forming in the health care reform debate that could prove to be just as bruising as the conservative-vs.-progressive battles: the schism between single-payer and public-private advocates. [...]

>And for the moment, it seems, not even the shared adversaries of insurance companies and conservatives who would kill any kind of public plan, single-payer or otherwise, can bring the two progressive factions together.

Ah, yes, because if we would just all get together and settle for some reform, any reform, and stop whining about insurance companies walking off with the cash, then we'd get real progress. If there's one thing the Clinton plan taught us, it's that this is exactly wrong.

Jenny Brown