[lbo-talk] Goolsbee: subprime was pretty groovy (in 2007)

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:47:49 PST 2008

I was thinking Goolsbee and Sailer were just having an attack of unusual candor about naked, unadorned vulture capitalism. Assuming wage gaps, credit discrimination, nothing but skn color, ethnicity, were the driver of the crisis, one could either do something about these problems OR one could build a whole house of cards with these problems as only a few tiny components and then blame the tiny components when the whole fiasco falls apart.

So are we allowed to wonder why Obama likes Goolsbee