[lbo-talk] Jezebel does Naomi Klein

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Dec 3 17:10:04 PST 2008

i got about three pages into the article, knowing very little about klein before that. i don't know if the NY piece was intended as a hit piece, to take her down a notch or two, but she impressed me as a walking cliche -- at least the way the article described her.

i actually walked next to a Walking Cliche at the obama rally.

when we were leaving, some people were getting feisty with the dead guy on a stick worshippers there to heckle us as a bunch of sinning undead baby killers in need of saving.

Walking Cliche said, "Oh hey, the cops aren't looking. Let's go beat them up."

failing to get any action on that, everyone ignored him and kept walking, heads bent against the wind, hands in pockets. We walked by some folks hawking magentic bumper stickers.

Walking Cliche says, "oh, I wanted to get one of those last rally, but I realized. I drive a Prius. There's no metal, so the magnetic won't stick. I tried to put it on my stainless steel fridge, but I have one of those (couldn't hear the brand name) and that caliber of stainless isn't magnetic either.

seriously, i thought the guy was kidding. i turned around, to catch his eye and let him know i thought his mock job on some yuppie Obamafan was superb. But he wasn't kidding. he _was_ a Walking Cliche.