[lbo-talk] BusinessWeek: Obama Said To Pick Xavier Becerra for US Trade Rep

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:26:48 PST 2008

First impressions? Wild speculations: No idea who this guy is, but naming two Latinos to trade / commerce portfolio woul at least be symbolically important if Obama is going to revamp / renew engagement about Latin America NAFTA, CAFTA.... An able team with foreign policy experience at Commerce / USTR could address important problems and allo State Department to concentrate on other things.

I should check whether either rnominee will live up to that billing, but...

DC