[lbo-talk] blacks about as morally conservative as Republicans

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 20:58:10 PST 2008

>CB: You are saying that Black rappers are Baptists; or do I miss your sarcasm ?

I'm referring back to a claim made post-prop 8. The links I sent will take you there if you're interested.

As to rappers and Baptists, there's a compare/contrast term paper on John the Baptist and Tupac Shakur for sale on the web. Here's the teaser:

http://www.termpaperslab.com/term-papers/38992.html

Although they lived in very different times, Tupac Shakur and Saint John the Baptist had many commonalities. Both became extremely famous for expressing what they believed. The media's portrayal of Tupac Shakur as a tattooed thug has focused public attention on his accused crimes instead of his music. This rapper, raised in Marin City, California, by a Black Panther mother, is more complex than his enemies like to admit. Shakur (who performs as 2Pac) was a talented lyricist with a gift for storytelling and getting his point across to our youth. He continued to grow as a writer on his hard-hitting album, "All Eyez on Me" which benefits from West Coast-style production by such artists as Dr. Dre. Recorded shortly after Shakur was released on bail from a prison sentence for sexual assault, the double album shows a relatively contemplative rapper who's ready to make peace with......