[lbo-talk] the Bush style of clemency: love your gun

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 4 12:18:20 PST 2008

Percival Myers wrote:
> Have you gone out and bought an AR-15 (aka an Evil Black Rifle)
> lately? Perhaps you should. Then try to upgrade it to full-auto or
> three-shot burst and then fit it with a sound suppressor, like what
> the opposition has. Tell us about how your ability to do that has not
> been infringed.

I tried to leave this one alone but I just can't. I guess I need to practice better self control :) I have Bill Holme's volumes 4 and 5 on 9mm machine pistols and AR-15/M16's. I also have Keith Anderson's book on military grade suppressors and one of Alan Paulson's book on the subject as well. Besides being a kick ass painter and metal sculptor I am a decent machinist with a decent home shop so making the upgrades you list above is in my opinion quite easy. I'm also of the opinion that if the FBI or AFT or whoever comes to my door whatever weapons I may or may not have and my level of proficiency with them will be irrelevant. I live in the middle of gun-loving MO. I wish it weren't true but an appreciable amount of my income is derived by doing machine work for gun owners. I don't consider myself exceptionally knowledgeable concerning guns, it's just machine work to me. I don't love guns. Sucky work for an artist but I have to pay the bills.

John Thornton