[lbo-talk] blacks about as morally conservative as Republicans

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Dec 4 12:28:55 PST 2008

My previous post was not strong enough.

Engels was a capitalist, an hones-to-god capitalist, He was also anti-capitalist. Not only was there no incompatibility between the two facts, there was not even an aesthetic incongruity. It would have been stupid of him not to continue to be a capitalist. I would love to own a million shares in one of the remaining stable corporations, and it would not embarass me in the least nor in any way be incompatible or aesthetically incongruous with being anti-capitalist. You just didn't think through what you were saying, and calling it an example or a metaphor or whatever does not justify the idiocy of it.

Carrol