[lbo-talk] blacks about as morally conservative as Republicans

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:43:00 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

You just didn't
> think through what you were saying, and calling it an example or a
> metaphor or whatever does not justify the idiocy of it.

Certainly I did. I happen to think that if one believes that something, like profiting from the exploitation of others, is socially destructive, one ought, in the strictest ethical sense, not do it. (Which is certainly not to say that refusing to do so would accomplish anything, or would be a good use of one's limited energy, but that's a different conversation.) Frankly, I'm a little surprised to see you reacting to an honest difference of opinion with this childish rant.