[lbo-talk] Sarah! Sarah! Sarah!

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:42:03 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 13:24, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> As I said in a post yesterday, "The RP eixts mostly to make the DP look
> good." But your point may be better. There's no way to make the DP look
> good, but perhaps the RP can at least distract attention.

Actually, I think the bigger problem is that the DP can be made to look good to what Proyect called the "decent left"

http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2008/11/11/obama-wins-over-the-decent-left/

he was referring to Sunstein and Power among others. Now that power has been reinstated as part of the Obama team,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/28/AR2008112802453.html#

it seems more likely that, to a certain contingent, the DP has a real moral heft--much more than just "good" to those people's eyes and almost beneficent compared to the RP. In this regard, following the Palin meme at this point is a distraction from praising the transition team, etc.--hence it is unlikely that the latest on the preggers controversy will get any more traction in the "MSM" than the Obama birth certificate bluster.