[lbo-talk] [Fwd: Frank vs. Bartels update]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 5 13:30:10 PST 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 4:20 PM, SA wrote:

> For exactly that reason. The rhetoric just doesn't seem credible.
> "We're going to raise your wages and give you free health care." "Oh
> yeah?"

But Edwards said all the right things - he didn't overpromise, either. It was just a solid, pro-labor, social democratic program. He was Southern, too. And not a funny-looking wuss like Kucinich, though there was the haircut problem. And he flopped. And why can't Nader get any votes outside the marginal members of the PMC?

Doug