[lbo-talk] Obama's very own surge....

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sat Dec 6 09:40:30 PST 2008

>>> "Dennis Perrin"
> CB: All should have hailed the Red Army in Afghanistan.

Those of us who took this position early in the Terror Wars were mocked by the likes of Charles, ^^^ CB: I don't quite understand your meaning here. You didn't know me when the Red Army was in Afghanistan, so how do you know what the "likes of Charles" was then ? ^^^^^

and rightly so, though at the time I was so blinded I couldn't see it. ^^^ CB: I'm not quite clear on what your position was on the Red Army in Afghanistan.

^^^^^^^

^^^

The difference? Back then, a white man was massacring Afghans. Now it will be an African-American. Progress? Depends on What You Believe In.

^^^ CB: Your discussion here seems confused. Back then it was the Soviet, anti-imperialist army defending a revolutionary government against terrorist gangs of counter-revolutionaries supplied with high tech weaponry by the CIA and Pakistani Secret Service. Ronald Reagan called Osama bin Laden and the other gangsters "freedom(sic) fighters" If only the Red Army could have fought the Nicaraguan contras too.

The best thing about US troops bogged down in Afghanistan now is that it would keep them occupied and out of Venezuela.

Your comment about "African American progress" is a little suspect , funny man.

^^^

Dennis