[lbo-talk] The right to own bloody great weapons: wasnominallyabout clemency

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Dec 6 11:55:25 PST 2008

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> I recall some extreme libertarians making the same case in the 80s, along
> with the abolition of speed limits, traffic lights and signs. Imagine living
> in that world!

Well now, if along with the speed limit, etc. they also abolished the requirement to drive on one side of the road, _that_ might really slow things down. Speed depends for the most part on ability to predict a clear lane. If a number of cars are coming at you in _your_ lane????? Cars going in both directions on both sides of the Interstate!!! Then they could also eliminate laws against parking in the street. That would _really_ slow traffic. We might even eliminate traffic deaths. One could also allow pedestrians and bicyclists on the Interstates. Better and better.

Carrol