[lbo-talk] Dr Marx in the comics

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 15:51:22 PST 2008

There's the comic book-like "Marx for Beginners" by Rius:

http://www.amazon.com/Marx-Beginners-Rius/dp/0375714618/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228607224&sr=8-1

And this famous "theory of surplus value" comic strip:

http://www.nyu.edu/projects/ollman/images/cartoon01.gif

On a related note, I was asking around if anyone knew of a good documentary on either Karl Marx himself (and his ideas) or a good documentary about capitalism. (Not any of the Adam Curtis _Century of the Self_-type films, _Why We Fight_, or Michael Moore -- just a documentary on flat-out capitalism.) No one seems to know of any. Kinda weird.

-B.

Michael Smith wrote:

"Why on earth hasn't somebody done a comic-strip Capital years ago? Marx is so concrete and vivid -- he'd be as big a treat for an illustrator as Dickens."