[lbo-talk] EEGs show brain differences between poor and rich kids

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Dec 7 11:11:44 PST 2008

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> EEGs show brain differences between poor and rich kids
>
> http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2008/12/02_cortex.shtml
>
> By Robert Sanders, Media Relations | 02 December 2008
>
> BERKELEY ­ University of California, Berkeley,
> researchers have shown for the first time that
> the brains of low-income children function
> differently from the brains of high-income kids.

[Quoted from memory]

Fitzgerald: The rich are different from you and me.

Wise-ass Hemingway: Yes, they have more money.

Hemingway usually gets cited as the winner, but Fitzgerald had it right and Hemingway was blowing it out his ass.

And of course _all_ differences get reflected in brainwaves, which tells us nothing about the source of the differences.

Carrol