[lbo-talk] Bill Ayers Whitewashes History, Again

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue Dec 9 23:49:22 PST 2008

On Tue, December 9, 2008 9:56 pm, Steven L. Robinson wrote:

> Bill Ayers Whitewashes History, Again
> Katha Pollitt
> The Nation
> December 8, 2008
>
> I wish Ayers would make a real apology for the harm he did to the antiwar
> movement and the left.

This is demented. Ayers obviously regrets the stupidity of trying to use Mordor's tools against Mordor. But he didn't turn into some kind of neocon, he did one of the noblest things anyone can do - dedicate his life to teaching young people to be less violent and more humane than their parents.

> True, the damage wrought by the Weatherpeople is trivial compared with
> the war itself and has arguably been more thoroughly denounced.

Ah, yes, that small issue of the murder of 3 million human beings in Indochina, or the ongoing slaughter of 1 million human beings in Mesopotamia, or the future slaughter being planned for Afghanistan and Sudan and Somalia. It's almost charming, this touching affection the Americans have for their rotting zombie shambles of an Empire.

-- DRR