[lbo-talk] Homeownership Makes You Fat and Unhappy

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Dec 11 14:17:39 PST 2008

SA asks:

> abstracting for analytical purposes, couldn't you just use the
> assumption that house prices will rise at the rate of inflation,
> which is their long-term path?

Sure, unless there's a significant divergence (which pretty much sums up the last 15 years, in both directions) ... and unless the average homeowner owns a house for, uh, the long-term. Which they don't. Congrats, you just proved my granny right: apples *are* redder and smoother than oranges!

/jordan