[lbo-talk] Homeownership Makes You Fat and Unhappy

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:23:46 PST 2008

Doug:

[Whether renting or buying makes sense] depends on house prices, rents, interest rates, your tax sitch, your expectations for price appreciation, etc. There are buy vs. rent calculators on the web that help you figure this out.

Yup.

This was exactly the point of my previous post on the topic. Though perhaps it was lost amongst the complaints about undergrad ass pilots and remembrances of Lawrence of Arabia reveries past.

In addition to the financial considerations I 'd add the psychological. For years and years I didn't mind hearing people stomping above my head. No, not even when they inexplicably stomped as if they were part of the touring company for River Dance.

Then one day, it started to bother me. Just a little at first. I'd start from my waking dream of drinking champagne from Eva Longoria's sexalicious high heels, shaken by the crash, stomp, kablam of mysterious movements above.

In the fullness of time, that, and related 'quality of life' issues led to the decision to do the necessary research and make the switch.

But the future's unwritten! Who knows, one day, we may be back in an apartment or perhaps even a mobile suit gundam.

.d.

---- "If Dwayne is a puritanical moralist, then I'm Aqua Man."

J. Hayes

http://monroelba.net/blog