[lbo-talk] Catholicism, was Re: blacks about as morally conservative as Republicans

Jason Walsh breatnach at mac.com
Thu Dec 11 05:18:46 PST 2008

Caught a segment on abortion on the Dublin radio station Newstalk 106 yesterday.

The pro-lifer was outright lying, saying that the Brits had no term limits. Interestingly she framed the 'pro-life' argument in heavily theraputic psuedo-feminist terms.

Worse still, the pro-choice speaker, a columnist with the (conservative) Irish Independent newspaper said she was not in favour of abortion on demand and was against late abortion.

Jason...